We’re Hiring: PR Account Coordinator
Does this sound like you?
- “I hate being bored. I want to work on a variety of projects – it keeps life interesting! I want to do work that matters and have fun doing it.”
FACT: Brushing off flash and fluff in favor of style and substance, J. Walcher Communications (JWC) is a boutique PR and marketing agency known for its diverse and stellar client base, including in nonprofits/social justice, retail/restaurants, professional services, real estate development, museums and more.
- “I want to work somewhere known for being a best place to work – solid work culture, happy clients, happy co-workers.”
FACT: Celebrating 22 years in business, JWC is proud of its staff retention rates and many long-tenured clients. We’ve been recognized on Forbes’ Best PR Agencies List and received Business for Good’s “Employer of the Year” in 2022.
- “My ideal workplace would be one where I have an inspired office space, but also the flexibility to work remotely.”
FACT: JWC’s office is a historic Mills Act Victorian home, right outside East Village in Sherman Heights, where co-workers chat and brainstorm with each other while ordering way too much DoorDash. We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment.
If the above is what you’re looking for, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strategist + Doer: You get the media to swipe right. You’re also well-versed in project management, writing, social media strategy, and event coordination.
- Multitasker: If someone sends you a message with three questions, you answer them all and quickly. Your high school binder had all the color-coded tabs, and you’re adept at juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Communicator: You know how to talk to and elicit responses from clients, the media and stakeholders, whether you’re picking up the phone, sending an email or shooting off a text.
- Creative Writer: Your written communications are strong and strategic on any subject – and your loyalty to the AP Stylebook is unwavering. Your cover letter for this job will be as witty and clever as you are.
- News Junkie: The newspapers, magazines and online media you read are physically or digitally dog-eared to inspire future ideas, and hooks for clients.
- Task Master: This position also provides critical administrative support to the agency, including social media and website management, phones, and general office tasks.
- Good Vibes Only: You take your work seriously, but also maintain a good dose of humor. (If you don’t like “The Office,” you may not be allowed to work here ….)
Minimum 1-2 years of experience required. Prior agency experience preferred. Adobe Photoshop, Cision and Critical Mention media database knowledge a plus.
The benefits: JWC offers competitive pay, full health coverage, a 401(k) and profit sharing.
Ready to join Team JWC? Please send a cover letter, résumé and desired salary to Jean Walcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.