Join Our Team: Part-Time PR Assistant
Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience at a fast-paced and innovative public relations and marketing agency? Work in a fun and creative environment while learning the core tactics and skills of a public relations professional. J. Walcher Communications is seeking an ambitious and productive individual to join the team as a part-time PR assistant for a three-month contract. Fulltime employment will be considered at the end of three months (minimum 20 hours per week*).
Named by Forbes as one of 2021 Best PR Agencies in the nation, J. Walcher Communications is a boutique agency specializing in local, regional and national public relations, and strategic communication campaigns. Working in a wide range of industries including real estate, consumer products, social justice, professional services, health and fitness, nonprofit and association, hospitality, and more. We help our clients build their businesses with smart and effective campaigns that set them apart from the competition.
Job description and requirements below:
J. Walcher Communications PR assistant will be involved in all aspects of the agency including media relations and research, writing, social media, event coordination, and client and product research for a variety of businesses and organizations.
Specific responsibilities include research, writing press materials, developing social media content and graphics, gathering and analyzing social media analytics, drafting and creating blog posts and e-communications, maintaining media lists and client clip files, proofreading, preparing presentation materials and administrative support.
- College graduate with a bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or a relevant field preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Completion of one PR internship (or more) required
- Self-motivated, strong attention to detail and effective multi-tasker
- Creative writer and thinker; interest in news, culture and current events
- Excel, Canva experience necessary, Adobe Photoshop, Cision media database and knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
- Must live in San Diego
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “JWC PR Assistant Application.”