Now Hiring: Account Executive or Senior Account Executive
Minimum 3-5 Years of Agency Experience Required.
J. Walcher Communications (JWC) is seeking a creative and enthusiastic individual to work as a full-time account executive (AE) or senior account executive (SAE).
We’re a boutique agency with an 18-year history of specializing in local, regional and national public relations and strategic communication campaigns, and work in a wide range of industries including real estate, hospitality, nonprofits and associations, professional services, consumer products, sports/entertainment and more.
Brushing off flash and fluff in favor of style and substance, we are a team of PR professionals, story tellers and marketing visionaries that work creatively and collaboratively in an inspired work environment, right outside East Village in Sherman Heights. Touting one of the longest staff retention rates in San Diego’s agency world, JWC offers competitive pay and benefits package including 401(k), profit sharing, full health coverage and two-weeks paid vacation. We enjoy a friendly and flexible work space (dogs welcome!) with a diverse and interesting group of long-time and project clients.
Scope of Work:
The AE/SAE will be involved in all aspects of the agency including media relations and research, integrated marketing project management, writing, social media, event coordination, and research for a variety of businesses. Prior agency experience is required.
We are seeking a strong, strategic and creative writer with excellent project management skills, who can tackle a variety of subjects. The ideal candidate is passionate about the news and knowledgeable about what’s going on in the world; someone who takes his/her work seriously; can juggle multiple projects and deadlines; manage and coordinate with co-workers and external vendors, including digital staff, graphic designers and advertising reps; and has a good dose of humor.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Media relations and pitching
• PR writing
• Integrated project management: including overseeing media buying, digital strategy and processes, and overall design, graphics and production
• Event coordination
• Keeping on top of evolving industry trends and tools created for effectiveness and efficiency
• Developing social media strategy and content
• Database management
• Maintaining media lists and client clip files
• Administrative support, which may include phones and general office tasks
• At least 3-5 years of experience in the PR/communications industry
• Strong media relations experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills; mastery of AP Style• Integrated marketing experience a plus
• College graduate with bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related discipline
• Adobe Photoshop and Cision media database knowledge a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Jean Walcher at email@example.com.