We’re Hiring: San Diego Winter/Spring 2024 PR & Marketing Academic Intern
- Walcher Communications is seeking a college student for a position as a public relations and marketing intern for 12-15 hours per week during the winter/spring semester/quarter (January start date is ideal). This internship is for academic credit and provides essential experience in the PR, marketing, events, social and digital media fields.
You’re joining JWC in its 22nd year in business and working in our office, a historic Victorian home right outside East Village in Sherman Heights, where co-workers brainstorm with each other while ordering way too much DoorDash.
Scope of Work
- Walcher Communications interns will be involved in all aspects of the agency including media relations and research, writing, social media and content creation, digital marketing, event coordination, influencer relations and client and product research for a variety of businesses. Interns will gain a practical understanding of the public relations industry, develop the tools necessary to compete and excel in this exciting and growing field and build their portfolios as they prepare for a communications career.
Specific responsibilities include research, writing press materials, developing social media content, database management, maintaining media lists and client clip files, proofreading, preparing presentation materials, as well as administrative support which includes word processing, copying and mail distribution.
Named by Forbes as one of 2021 Best PR Agencies in the nation and Business for Good’s “Employer of the Year” 2022, J. Walcher Communications is a boutique agency specializing in local, regional and national public relations, and strategic communication campaigns. Working in a wide range of industries including real estate, consumer products, social justice, professional services, health and fitness, nonprofit and associations, hospitality, and more. We help our clients build their businesses with smart and effective campaigns that set them apart from the competition.
- Prefer a college junior or senior majoring in journalism, public relations, communications or related discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Adobe Photoshop, Cision media database and Canva knowledge a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Academic JWC Internship Application.” Confirm that you can receive academic credit and if known, for how many hours.