When the Media Calls, Call Your PR Agency!
WHEN THE MEDIA CALLS, CALL YOUR PR AGENCY! HERE’S WHY:
(This post is dedicated to all of our wonderful clients)
- Clients pay us for media representation!
- We make clients’ life easier, save their time, save their money and mine their media opportunities
- We lighten the reporter’s life too: facilitate interviews, provide background information, stats, visuals, etc. We understand that the reporter doesn’t want us to be our clients’ gatekeeper – and we don’t, unless necessary. We prepare clients for the subject of the interview, the nature of the reporter and media outlet and deadlines
- In representing clients, we routinely contact reporters in the course of what might be an in-progress pitch or a new pitch, and our effectiveness is weakened if we don’t know they’ve called the client directly
- If we don’t know the reporter well, it gives us the opportunity to forge a relationship and to make future contacts on the client’s behalf more effective
- We can often enhance the story when we know the reporter’s angle. We might offer another source, or a fact about the issue neither the client nor the media knows